Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Color Lines are Blurring


Maybe it's my age but I remember a time when there were certain stereotypes that you did not want to admit to but did acknowledge they were somewhat true . when it came to black and white , but as I look at today's culture and individuals and to be quite honest I like what I'm seeing for instance . I remember when I was younger , and I was in high school , and we used to say . only white girls had flat butts have you seen Britney Spears lately I also remember saying they were only certain sports that black people participated in for instance , hockey , soccer , swimming and diving, golf all the sports that I just mentioned have people of color or an African-American's participating in them . or if you want to look over into the genre of singing . there are always stereotypes , Tina Marie back in the eighties shattered that stereotype and in her footsteps had been a multitude of talented individuals they were not white but still very soulful and then finally , hopping over into crime . there was always unspoken myth that people of color did not do crazy crimes outside of the stereo typical on the corner drug seller to words (Beltway sniper) . I remember when that whole unfortunate ordeal was unfolding . they had every expert profiler on the news informing us as a viewer . what he would look like I was just as shocked as everyone else to find out that it was to black men I guess the reason for this blogs is not of pride is not a shame either . just look around before you assume because the color lines are blurring , and also cultural in my opinion . that's a good thing . hopefully , it means that we are finally starting to understand one another . I won't be naïve or stupid and sit here and say racism does not exist . its around , it's just getting harder to subscribe to that archaic way of thinking

No comments: