Saturday, November 19, 2005

Oakland Raiders


The most feared the most hated the craziest fans . these all words used to describe when you're talking about the Oakland Raiders and their fans . especially their fans . I have lived the few places in my life , and seen rivalries with football teams but I have seen nothing like the rivalry between the Denver Broncos (annoying fans) and the Oakland Raiders (scary fans) . the Oakland Raiders fans are amongst the most dedicated and scary that I have ever seen I have a friend named Ron , who is a diehard Oakland Raiders fan . I mean , the whole 9 yards , begins his sentences with "we" you know the type wears a Raiders hat every day simply a diehard fan . last Sunday , when the Broncos spanked the Raiders . a friend of mine called him just to give him a little ribbing and you would have thought she was calling someone who just lost their best friend in a horrible car accident I guess I will never be able to understand what it is to be a true fan . I've moved so many places that I'd just like to see a good football game between two teams doesn't matter who when I was living in DC . I try to get on the bandwagon of the Redskins and must admit being a fan of the Redskins back in the nineties was pretty gratifying for African-American seen Doug Williams . the first African-American quarterback to go to the Super Bowl was really nice and I'm glad I was there in that area . when it happened , seeing them come home watching the parades on television , because of my memory serves me correctly . it was raining cats and dogs . when they came home , and also very cold . but then moving to Miami football was more of a place to go to relax . I saw my first live game their my cousin was playing for the Dolphins at the time . so when someone says hey , you want a ticket . free ticket at that to go sit in a stadium with 78° weather eat really good foods it's really hard to say no . so I have admiration for the true fan's anyone willing to pay the crazy prices of tickets to a sporting event these days , and go stand in a line in the cold and back their team . my hat is off to you GO!! Whenever team , you support , because it takes a lot to be a fan these days

No comments: