Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Because they think I'm Retarded


I was telling her friend about this story today I thought I was share it I have been in a wheelchair for about 24 years now and I'm very comfortable of what I am and who I am and I have a sick sense of humor . when it comes to my disability and dealing with people . I understand that it is sometimes human nature to deal with something you don't understand at arm's length and make assumptions this is where my entertainment begins if you read my blog , you know that I like to travel . this particular time . I was getting a ride from a friend to the airport he was an able-bodied person we rode up to the drop-off section of the airport the skycaps come up . of course , to help you with your luggage . they reluctantly stand there and watch as a transfer it to my chair all the while communicating only with my friend , because he is the one that is able-bodied and they think I'm retarded , because I haven't said anything they assume , because I'm not speaking and their own ignorance that I am incapable of thought . so , my friend puts all of my luggage on the skycaps dollies and as you know they don't let you stay parked or let your car stay unattended" we both knew that" so as I get situated in my chair . I purposely did not say anything and do not make eye contact eye can see out of the corner of my eye's . they have this petrified look on their face , because he is getting in his car and leaving so therefore , that means that they will have to deal with me directlythis is where my fun starts I noticed the disbelief on the two skycaps face as my friends leaves and says "have a nice trip Tucker see you in about two weeks" in my best impression other person with a retardation I pretend like I'm crying and start to say"whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy what am I going to do he said he was going to love me and he would never leave me whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I don't have any money I'm very hungry and I need to use the bathroom whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"if you could of seen the horror on their face it was like they were saying to themselves what the fuck , are we going to do with this retarded man they started to panic I let them on for about five minutes and then with a smile on my face am back to my regular self I say to them , where is Gate 5 and could you please help me with my bags as I slipped the both $20 And where can I find the duty-freeShop , because I like to pick up a few things before my flightThe look of relief on those two men's facesWas that of two runaway slaves That had just made it up , North This is why I love travelingAnd meeting new people First of all I love breaking stereotypes I love laughing I really love messing with people:-) And when I travel alone People are forced to deal with me In my wheelchair There's no go-between No spokesperson Just one on one encounters And Once I catch them offguard with Using one of their assumptions against them In a comedic way I tried to show them What is really like I'm just another human being Just like you I just happen to be in a wheelchair:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world

Dirty Dan said...

pwned!

cheers for the link mate. unlucky result.

Anonymous said...

X-man...you are pure evil and funny as hell!!!!!!!!