Friday, October 07, 2005

I Can Push Stop They Can't


I was recently playing a videogame(HALO a first-person shooter) . if you're not familiar with it . it's about a futuristic soldier , and his mission is to navigate his way through different settings and destroy and kill the aliens it's a very fun game and with a first-person shooter . sometimes you're really feel like a soldier in battle , but I got to thinking one day when I was frustrated . one a level of the game and One finding myself getting killed . I wanted to myself" if this was a real-life . I would be screwed" I thought about it more and my thoughts began to travel to our young men and women overseas and in the Armed Forces . they can't push stop or even take a break . they have to be in the battle mode of protecting their own lives and of their fellow soldiers . 24 hours a day I have always respected anyone that puts themselves in a line of fire for their country but playing that game made me realize something . I have the comfort of sitting at home thousands of miles away from a place I have never seen except on television and simulating battle playing pretend in a cyber world on a 15 inch screen I occasionally eating popcorn relaxing when I want that is something a real soldier does not have the luxury of doing he or she never knows when something is going to end his life . if someone walking by him or her has a bomb strapped to him or riding in a convoy could be your last ride I'm sure they're not worried about the price of gas . they're only worries are am I going to be able to go home alive I'm sure they were just be happy arriving home with a missing leg . they could still hugged their loved ones they could still enjoy a baseball game and not worrying about getting shot . I'm not saying you have to respect the politics of this war at this point in time , I don't know why any more , but I do know this . I have unconditional support for our troops and a total respect for them and the ones who have already sacrificed their lives rest in peace and the ones still serving come home soon your family's miss you

1 comment:

Dirty Dan said...

I have hate unconditional support for our troops and a total respect for them me the ones who have already sacrificed their lives rest in peace and the ones still serving come home soon your family's miss you

Although I completely disagree with this war and the ideology behind it, i do agree with every word up there.