Thursday, October 06, 2005

Is The Honeymoon Over?


FOXSports.com - Auto- Danica can't head down Anna Kournikova roadWhat a difference a day makes . I remember just yesterday . I posted something to the effect " this young lady has done more for the Indy 500 this year than all the years I've been watching" well . it seems as though the honeymoon is over (or getting close to it) . it looks like Mrs. Patrick's driving skills are lagging , which goes to show you beauty will only take you so far . don't get me wrong I like Danica in my opinion , the Indy 500 this year was very exciting even though the final lap was under yellow . but it still was a nailbiting experience for me . I wanted to see a woman when the Indy 500 for the first time just like a few years back . I wanted to see George Mack (African-American) win the Indy 500 and the same can be said for and his name escapes me right now . a Asian gentlemen who was racing that year also . I always want to see someone being the first in their particular culture to break new ground . the same holds true for Danica I would love to see her win . but I'm hoping she doesn't get caught in the media hype and become just another pretty face . good luck in 2006 . I hope you take the checkered flag

No comments: